Steve Kennedy, CFP®,CIMA®, CDFA™
Principal, Albany Financial Group
Steve joined Albany Financial Group in 2016 and has been in the financial services industry since January 2008 (near the onset of the Great Recession). Prior to joining AFG, Steve had previous experience in wealth management, financial advisory and insurance services with companies such as Goldman Sachs.
Steve is a registered licensed professional experienced with the fiduciary duties of meeting advisory clientele needs, including providing portfolio construction, investment management, financial planning and advanced planning strategies. Steve graduated from Siena College with a Bachelor’s of Science.
In addition, Steve currently holds the following certifications/designations:
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner).
- CIMA® (Certified Investment Management Analyst).
- Advanced portfolio construction and investment management solutions.
- Investment Management Theory and Practice education through the Yale School of Management.
- CDFA™; when applicable.
- Special circumstantial planning.
He is also an active member of the:
- Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York
- Investments and Wealth Institute®.
- Financial Planning Association (National and Northeastern New York).
- Institute DFA.
Steve and his wife, Kerri have three children: Charlotte, Jackson and Hannah. He's an avid reader, traveler, and enjoys family activities.